Most people know craps from the scenes of their favorite TV series and movies. In the land-based casinos, this entertainment always makes the most fuss. A lot of players gather around the playing table and test their luck in throwing two dice and getting the results they bet on. Happy winners and the supporting audience can be heard around the whole casinos. The online version of the game of craps tries to fully copy this incredible atmosphere and provide the gamer with perfect gambling experience.
The roll of dice cannot be influenced outside, since it is totally random in both versions. However, the main part of the game is the betting part where the player can make his own decisions and choices in order to increase his chances to win. There are a lot of different betting strategies that aim at helping gamers.
Main principles of the game
The game happens in playing rounds, each round starts after the gamer makes the losing roll. The first throw that the gamer makes is called the come-out roll. There can be three ways of how events can develop further.
- a 2, 3, or 12 on the dice sides mean that the shooter loses, but still can throw again in the same round of the craps game;
- a 7 or 11 on the dice sides mean that the shooter wins and throws again;
- a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10 on the dice sides mean that the shooter fixes a point which corresponds with the sum he gets on sides; after that the shooter needs to throw the dice until he throws that exact sum again and wins, or he shoots a 7 and loses the roll closing the playing round.
Each situation has its own name in the game. The first one is known as “craps”, the second one is “natural”, and the third one is “point”. Failing the “point” is known as “seven out”.
Craps types of possible bets
Studying what bets can be done in the craps game can help the gamer to form his perfect craps strategy or entirely understand and apply the existing ones. There are the following names:
- Pass and Don’t Pass; Pass succeeds with the come-out of a 7 and 11 or the point makes Pass succeed; a 2 and 3 or a 7 before the point make Don’t Pass succeed; these bets are opposite to each other – when one succeeds, another fails;
- Come and Don’t Come can be addressed after the point is known; a 7 and 11 before the point is thrown make Come succeed; a 2 and 3 before a 7 or 11 are thrown make Don’t Come succeed;
- Field is placed on one roll and a 3, 4, 9, 10 or 11 make it win, a 2 doubles it, and a 12 triples it;
- Place and Buy bets are on a particular number to be thrown before a 7.
There are a lot of other more complicated bets in the game. The more exact the bet is, the harder it is to hit it and the more winnings it promises.